involving the entire earth; not limited or provincial in scope
joined or linked together
the cognitive process of acquiring skill or knowledge
A professional that helps you plan that appropriate course of action.
2011: We are in the second decade of the 21st century.
Teachers, schools and districts are moving from discussing how to prepare students for 21st Century skills towards doing.
- Doing means connecting learning in our classrooms to peers, experts, people & cultures, ideas, knowledge, resources and perspectives from around the world.
- Doing means connecting learning to essential skills, such as collaborating, communicating and creating.
- Doing means to go beyond basic literacy to include information, media, network, intercultural and ethical literacies.
- Doing means taking advantage of technology tools that allow students and professionals to create personal learning networks.
- Doing means being able to use these tools to integrate and connect them to curriculum content.
- Doing includes opening the classroom walls to a world that previously only existed on pages of a book.
Globally Connected Learning Consulting offers to help move educators from discussing towards doing. Learn about literacies for connected learning with real world teaching examples. Learn about the exciting benefits of globally connected learning experiences for your faculty and students.
Please, contact me for any questions about presentations, workshops, fees and availability.